Home Remedies for Liver Cyst Symptoms
What are Liver Cysts?
Liver cysts are sac like forms that develop within the liver tissue. Hepatic cysts or cysts on the liver are fairly common and tend to occur in 5 % of the population. Nevertheless, they are largely asymptomatic and do not show any presenting signs or symptoms in 95 % of the individuals diagnosed with them.
Liver cysts are tiny sacs that are filled with clear fluid; occasionally, the sac may be empty. One may have a single liver cyst or multiple ones; they are usually benign and seldom pose as a health hazard.
In some individuals however, the cysts may cause liver pain; and embarking upon the correct treatment regimen is crucial.
Liver Cysts Causes: Predisposing Factors resulting in Cysts in Liver
The exact etiological factor for the development of liver cysts is unknown. However there are certain predisposing factors or considerations that may be associated with the formation of liver cysts,
- In some cases, a liver cyst may be present since birth. In some cases, there may be a genetic predisposition for development of the liver cysts.
- Disorders of the liver, such as, hepatic fibrosis and liver cirrhosis may trigger the formation of cysts too.
- The organism, Echinococcus granulosus is a chief cause, and hepatic cysts due to Echinococcus granulosus are called hydatid cysts. This organism is transmitted into the body via the digestive tract.
Liver Cysts Symptoms: Manifestation of Cysts in Liver
By and large, hepatic cysts are asymptomatic; a few show certain symptoms and clinical features. Symptoms become obvious when the cyst is enlarging in size; the cyst grows in size and irritates the neighboring tissues. Common clinical manifestations of a liver cyst include:
- Discomfort and pain in the abdomen, particularly, the upper right quadrant. Agonizing pain occurs as a result of spontaneous bleeding of a cyst.
- The liver swells and enlarges resulting in hepatitis. Yellowish discoloration of the skin may be observed, as a result of jaundice.
- The abdomen gets distended and enlarged and digestion is significantly impaired.
- Internal bleeding may be observed in some cases.
- Other gastro intestinal symptoms like nausea, vomitting and diarrhea may be observed at different levels of severity.
Home Remedies for Liver Cysts: Natural Cures for Liver Cysts
Here are some home remedies that are considered beneficial in the management of liver cysts and they also enhance liver functions:
- Radish leaves: the leaf of radish is an excellent herbal remedy for liver ailments. It acts like a tonic for the liver and strengthens and fortifies it. Radish leaves facilitate body detoxification.
- Dandelion root: Dandelion roots effectively treat the symptoms associated with hepatic cysts; they help allay nausea and vomiting and soothe abdominal discomfort. Take 1 spoon of the powdered root and boil it well in a bowl of water. Consume thrice daily for 15 days.
- Lime: Lime and lemon are very important for good liver health. They tone up and stimulate the hepatocytes to function optimally.
A liver detox program is considered really beneficial in enhancing liver functions and also aiding in elimination of liver cysts
Manage Liver Cysts: Natural Cures for Liver Cysts
Here are some simple tips to improve liver functions and hasten the treatment of liver cysts:
- Restrict fat intake: Do away with oils, butter, fat and trans fats from your diet.
- Avoid fermented foods: They cause a lot flatulence and abdominal bloating.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits: Let these be the mainstay of your diet.
- Increase the intake of boiled foods and easily digestable foods like rice and oats.
- Avoid refined foods as they are difficult to digest, like refined wheat and refined sugar.
- Increase the intake of supplements like Vitamin K and Vitamin C. Vitamin K improves vicosity of the blood and prevents internal bleeding, while Vitamin C enhances immunity. However, it is important to remember that supplements can result in additional stress on the liver and it is recommended to depend upon natural sources of these vitamins.
No comments yet.