101 Reasons to Be Happy
Happiness is a state of mental or emotional well-being. Being happy is characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from being content to elation.
Happiness comes from within. You need to feel the emotion. You need to recognize the elation. If you aren't happy then how could you radiate the glee to spread around to thee?
How many reasons could you list that make you happy? You will be surprised at how many things make you giddy with joy.
Feel free to share some of your reasons for happiness in the comment section below. You just never know who you might inspire.
Keep on shining!
Bring on the happy!
- An unexpected email, letter or text that contains good news.
- Sipping tea on a porch while listening to the birds chirp.
- A radiant rainbow that extends across the sky. A double rainbow would be twice as nice.
- Hearing the word "negative" from your physician.
- Winning anything.
- Not worrying about what's going to happen.
- Omitting "what if" from your vocabulary.
- Realizing that you and only you, could put the "happy" in "happiness" and spread the cheer.
- A brand new box of Crayola crayons with the built in sharpener.
- Thunderstorms and the calm air afterwards.
- Having a clear conscience and feeling no guilt.
- A visit from a friend and sharing laughs until it hurts.
- Warm, cozy bed with lots of fluffy pillows.
- Being able to write and share with other, about whatever touches your heart.
- Watching an old favorite movie and appreciating how much the world has changed.
- Having a gut feeling and it works in your benefit.
- Completing a project and admiring your creativity.
- When your favorite song comes on the radio at the same time it enters your thoughts.
- Home sweet home.
- Blowing out birthday candles and then eating cake instead of setting the cake on fire.
- Having an umbrella handy when it begins to rain. If not, dancing in the rain will be just fine.
- Hiking in the woods and discovering a different path.
- Cheering on children at a sporting event.
- Becoming a parent.
- Becoming a grandparent.
More reasons to be happy...
26. A new tech toy and discovering entertaining apps to use.
27. Unwrapping gifts that's covered with festive paper and bows.
28. A good night's sleep and having sweet dreams.
29. Simply waking up in the morning and being able to touch the floor. And your toes!
30. Facetime or Skype chats with friends or family.
31. Looking in the mirror and liking who you are.
32. Donating to a worthy charity.
33. Volunteer work, if even for a few hours a week.
34. A clean house and you didn't have to lift a finger.
35. Family and making memories.
36. Friends who have your back.
37. Good health and a good workout.
38. Having a positive attitude and surrounding yourself with people who think like you.
39. The last slice of pie that you forgot you had.
40. Saving money for a rainy day.
41. The purr of a kitten.
42. Hearing words of appreciation.
43. Saying words of appreciation.
44. Jumping in a pool and not losing your swimsuit.
45. Marrying your prince.
46. Marrying your princess.
47. Favorite sports team winning.
48. Carnival rides that don't make you dizzy, but don't make you barf.
49. Church services that make you smile.
50. Breakfast in bed served by someone who loves you.
Happy - Pharrell Williams
Are you happy?
More reasons to be happy...
51. Have a party. There doesn't need to be a reason. Just celebrate being happy.
52. Marking a milestone such as an anniversary or graduation.
53. No zits for a special event, or any event.
54. Quitting or not starting a bad habit.
55. Coming out of the closet and freeing your soul.
56. Being "true to you" and never being a fake.
57. Rays of sunshine that illuminate your aura.
58. Music of all types that touch your inner soul.
59. Cartoons and comic strips and laughing until your face hurts.
60. Being of reasonable mind and of having a sane brain.
61. Pennies from heaven that are found when you least expect them.
62. Photos, letters and random memories from the past.
63. Karma is always on alert, your back is protected.
64. Health physicals with outstanding results.
65. An empty parking space at a crowded mall.
66. Sunrises, sunsets whether you are solo or part of a duo, relish the moment.
67. Rereading a favorite book and not remembering how it ended.
68. Things turning out best for people with only good intentions.
69. Contributing something unique to the world (such as this list).
70. Refusing to grow up no matter how old you are.
71. All green lights while driving down the road.
72. Concerts that make your voice hoarse from singing along with the band.
73. Museums that make us appreciate history.
74. Swapping stories with a new friend and learning something new about yourself through them.
75. Rekindling a romance that you thought had fizzled.
Just a few more reasons to be happy...
76. Ice cold water on a hot and humid day.
77. Making silly faces while taking selfies.
78. A Happy Meal from McDonalds and getting the toy you had hoped for.
79. Praise and a raise from a boss.
80. Disneyworld - the happiest place on earth.
81. Winning an Ebay auction.
82. Watching a caterpillar transform into a butterfly.
83. Being retweeted on Twitter whether from a celebrity or your BFF.
84. The simple things in life that make us appreciate all that we have.
85. Lots of hugs and bedtime stories.
86. Pleasant dreams and the bugs that don't bite.
87. The companionship of a furry or non-furry pet.
88. Going viral with an article or video.
89. Chocolate anything...Dark, milk, white...cold, melted, warm...don't matter, it's chocolate.
90. Opening a pack of baseball cards and discovering the rookie card you needed to complete a set is there.
91. Complimentary wine and cheese.
92. Free stuff, with no gimmick attached.
93. The cheering roar of a crowd.
94. Getting your point across and no need for an "agree to disagree" unless absolutely needed.
95. Being on time for an appointment.
96. Counting your blessings.
97. Never putting off until tomorrow what you could do today.
98. The drive home from work.
99. Fireworks display of brilliant colors and loud booms.
100. Holidays and family togetherness.
101. Making someone else happy.
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
Happiness is a choice...
- Happy Quotes - BrainyQuote
Happy Quotes from BrainyQuote, an extensive collection of quotations by famous authors, celebrities, and newsmakers.
- How to be happy: Tips for cultivating contentment - MayoClinic.com
Can you learn how to be happy? You bet. Discover greater contentment with these tips.
Do not ever be afraid to show who
You really are, because as long
As you are happy with yourself,
No one else's opinion matters.
© 2012 Linda Bilyeu